On Tuesday night, Tori (my best friend who just happens to be my neighbor!) and I made lip balm and let me just say, it is THE BALM. It was super super simple and took us only like 5 minutes from start to finish.
Here’s what you’ll need
- Some cute little tins like these round ones or these rectangle shaped ones. We chose the round, but you can use whatever shape you like as long as they’re not plastic because, remember, YLEOs are potent and can draw the toxins out of plastic and let’s be honest, who wants toxins on their lips? Not me!
- 3 tbsp. Organic Beeswax in either pellets or these bars like we used. It really doesn’t matter, you melt it down anyway.
- 5 tbsp. of Organic Coconut Oil. You can literally use any brand of pressed organic coconut oil.
- 12-15 drops of the Young Living Essential Oil(s) of your choice!
- Melt beeswax in either a glass measuring cup in the microwave or a pot on the stove. Be sure not to let it boil!
- Add in coconut oil, stirring constantly.
- Drop in essential oils and pour into tins.
- Let cool until hard.
- Smear that sucker on!
All ready to go!
Of course, these two had to get their hands in on it! They were the cutest little helpers.
The finished product!
We had a blast making these and can’t wait to try a bunch of different flavors! If you end up making some for yourself, take lots of pictures and show us what oils you used! We’re always up for trying new blends!